This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When you just don't feel like it

So today was "one of those days". I, Brooke, just wanted to do anything other than workout. The baby is sick with a terrible cold, the four year old is testing his boundaries, and the seven year old thinks he should be in charge. I have been dragging all day (pretty sure I'm getting what the baby has) and just got by with the minimal chores, washed the dishes, switched the laundry, made dinner, and washed the dishes again. So after fighting all three boys to bed the last thing I wanted to do was workout. I posted  my status on Facebook how defeated I was feeling and a friend asked if I had anything more "zen-like" to do as a workout. I remembered my Yogalates DVD. So I put on my workout clothes and did my very relaxing workout. Now just because it was relaxing doesn't mean I didn't workout. No I didn't break a sweat but my ab and glut muscles are letting me know at this very moment that I made them work. Good feeling.

So my tip for the day (thanks Tara) is on tough days when you just don't feel like it or are a bit under the weather don't stop completely. Allow yourself to step away from Shredding or running or whatever torture you submit yourself to and have something a bit more "zen-like" to turn to. You will still be moving and you will burn off the stress that was making you feel so bad in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment