This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Shred begins again

I, Brooke, started my journey towards a healthy weight on November 1, 2010. I challenged myself to do Jillian's 30 day Shred. I made the decision to start the Shred after I flew to a women's retreat in Portland. It was the first time in my 30 years that I had to ask for an extention for the seat belt. I was mortified and sobbed quietly to myself for several minutes before regaining my composure and was just mad at myself for "letting myself go", although almost 10 years of marriage and 3 children later, my body isn't what it was at 20 even if it wasn't completely healthy then. I thought about it the entire weekend and decided I was done being big. When I got home from the retreat I purchased the DVD and started it. I did 29 days of the 30 (the day after Thanksgiving I was very ill with a stomach bug). I posted everyday on Facebook of my progress and woes, which helped me stay accountable.

I can tell you that the 29 days were pure torture but produced a noticeable difference in my appearance. 10 lbs and 12 inches lost!! It was hard work but being able to purchase a size smaller jeans was well worth the effort.  I back slid a little in December. I did great the first two weeks and then a friend from Alaska came to visit and I worked out 3 of the 7 days she was here. Then I worked out 2 days the week of Christmas and didn't work out or watch what I ate for the rest of the month.

So I have decided to start the Shred again for January. First work out was last night. I did level 1 and it was awesome!! I was able to keep right up with Jillian and the girls. I am a little sore in the obliques today but the "pain" is so worth it!! Hoping to shred another size off this month! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment