This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Eating Plan

Kathy posting again this evening.  I had full intentions of outlining my exercise/fitness plan, but got sidetracked thinking about food.  I have struggled trying to figure out what to eat (ultimately for vibrant health, abounding energy, glowing skin) but my immediate goal is to shed (please notice Brooke, I did not say 'shred'!) a few pounds.  I am adamantly against diets!  They are a temporary fix to a permanent problem.  Well, hopefully not permanent, but apt to be if I keep 'dieting'.  What I want is a way of eating that will serve me well for the rest of my life. I have decided the path to weight loss and health is vegetables.  Is that not an earth-shaking notion?!  Here is my plan:
Breakfast:  (Nothing new here - I eat this pretty  much every day) green smoothie, hot cereal with soy milk and maple syrup. 
Lunch:  I brown-bag it.  I take a few almonds and a piece of fruit for a mid-morning snack..  At noon I have a sandwich and an apple, usually  I throw something extra in - such as carrot and celery sticks, some crackers or pretzels. 
Supper/Dinner:  I struggle with this.  For years I only ate 2 meals - a large, home-cooked breakfast and a large home-cooked lunch around 1:00.  Nothing in the evening - no starving, no weight problem.  I can't do that anymore.  I eat breakfast around 6:00 a.m., am starving by 10:00 and have a little snack.  Eat lunch between 11:30 and 12:00 and am hungry and ready to eat in the evening.  I have decided that my evening meal will be VEGETABLES - at least until I lose about 10 lbs OR ramp up the exercise.  Last evening I had a baked Yukon Gold potato with a bit of salt and some petite peas.  Surprisingly this tasted delicious to me and I felt full and satisfied. Plan to use all kinds of vegetables and see what happens.  Hopefully what happens is that I will lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment