This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kathy- Tromping again

After a brief break from tromping due to the ski trip, we are back at it.  The hill is sporting a new white coat about 6 inches thick, which turns a mere tromp into an impressive workout.

I must take a moment to let you all know how much I love my boots.  After owning the same pair of boots for years (bought them early on in Bozeman) I finally got a new pair last year or so.  We were at Cabelas, I knew my price range and was shopping accordingly.  The kind, helpful boot salesman gave me a knowing look and suggested I try on Merrills.(Completely ignoring the price range I was looking in). I tried one on, then the other - bliss!  They were the most comfortable hiking boots I had ever had on my feet and they still are. (So much for keeping in my price range!).  They keep my feet wonderfully warm and dry no matter what I might be slogging through.  After hearing me rave on and on about them for miles, FL bought himself a pair and was justifiably impressed.  He tested them by doing 20+ miles in a day and got nary a blister. So, would my love affair with the outdoors be possible without my feet being so happy?  I seriously doubt it. My advice:  get good equipment - it's worth the investment!

Onward and forward!  Keep up all that good exercising!
My time today:  60 minutes give or take about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment