This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kathy - New Old Strategy

Hi Family,

Katie was asking me about my weight through my life - how I was overweight and teased as being fat when I was a child, how I lost weight in 8th grade in preparation for high school, how I kept my weight off through having children and how it was really only in my late 40s that the weight sort of crept on.  Our conversation reminded me of how had I lost my weight initially and how I had kept it off for so many years.  I didn't eat an evening meal.  When I was in 8th grade, I simply had whatever my family had had for dinner, (that I really wanted) for breakfast the next day.  When FL and I were married we always lived close to where he worked and he was able to come home for lunch so we had our main meal at noon - thus, not eating in the evening was not too much of a struggle.  So I am thinking, why re-invent the wheel?  Maybe I should just return to what has worked and worked well for me in the past.  My strategy for this week is to shift my caloric intake and see if it makes a difference.  I will eat a bit more for breakfast- hot cereal in addition to my smoothie for breakfast, pack a larger lunch and see if I can make it through the evening with a couple cups of tea....will report my results at the end of the week. 

Point reporting tomorrow - how did FL and I do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment