This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brooke- Dancing Dreams and points

You can add my points to the tally- one hour hike on Sabbath and water everyday for 11 points. Wonder how everyone else is doing??

It has been nice not having an extra family around!

I've been thinking about keeping a food journal. It would be more writing what I'm feeling before I eat than what I actually eat type of thing. I'm sure that I turn to food for comfort way more than actual hunger. I just need to figure out what is triggering it. Or just always eat fruit or veggies when I "feel" the need to eat. The thought of writing down what I am feeling on the spot is a bit intimidating. I'm not sure I really want to go there. Any ideas??

I really think next pay day I am going to purchase another Zumba video or the Zumba Wii "game". The Just Dance Wii game looks fun too. I enjoy the 20 minute Zumba DVD so much! I'd also like to purchase some aerobic dance shoes but they are a bit pricey!!

I recently watched a movie called Love N Dancing, it made me realize that I love to dance and I would love to have a dancer's figure! It's fun to dream!!

2 comments:

  1. I think a food journal sounds like a very good idea - especially writing about the feeling part and not the amount of food eaten. Perhaps it might be easier if you just thought about your feelings and then wrote about them at a specified time. Might be easier to it that way with juggling boys, etc. One idea I have been tossing around is doing the "Made to Crave" program. Some of my friends are doing it and love it. I think it might be fun to do together. The set includes a book, a workbook, and several DVDs and doesn't seem all that expensive. Glad you are inspired by dancing! Such a fun, joyful sort-of activity. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Or while your were thinking about your feelings, just jot down a few words or phrases that would help you tap in to those feelings later when you were able to write more about them.

    ReplyDelete