This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kathy - I can relate!

Hi guys,  I certainly can relate to Katie's comments about not blogging because she was not seeing any results. I have slacked off on keeping track of my points - mainly because I don't want to amass enough points to go to a spa and still be wearing my same old body.  I want to look fit and trim when I go to the spa!

I have lost about 3 lbs since beginning this new challenge, which is slightly encouraging, but nothing to write home about (or perhaps, nothing to blog about!).

Maybe we should call each other out if we don't see us on the blog...something like:  "Hey Brooke!  What is going on with you?"  and Brooke could reply,  "Nothing.  I haven't been blogging because I have been so discouraged, busy, mad, lazy"  (you get the idea) or maybe, "I am doing great!  Haven't been blogging much because I am just too busy working out and cooking yummy low-calorie food, and training for a marathon, I haven't had a moment to sit down at the computer".  And the Katie could respond, "Don't get discouraged - remember this journey is a step at a time - don't give up!  I love you and you are worth it!"  or she could respond, "Wow!  That sounds awesome!  You have just inspired me to get my fitness plan ramped up - I don't want to get behind!"  Or Mom could blog,  "Hey all, just tried the most delicious, healthy recipe - here it is for you"  and you all could respond,  "Thanks so much Mom, we'll try it tomorrow!".  Anyway - I am going to try this in some form - so get ready!

In other news - the beasties arrive tomorrow!  While I am so excited at the thought of puppies, I am worried that their arrival will alter the tromp.  I actually think panicked is a more correct description.  They won't be able to go as far or as fast - or worse, maybe they will all wear each other out and none of them will want to go for a tromp.  And I will grow fat and lazy.  I am breaking out in a cold sweat.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with tromping alone.. or better yet carry one in each arm as resistance training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have agreed with you on the carrying one in each arm part until I actually saw them. Fynn (the tank)alone would be a good upper body workout - no way I could carry both!

    ReplyDelete