This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tyler - Week Three Results

Hi guys, just checking in with week three's results. I'm a bit late this week due to a lot of general lazing around over Memorial Day weekend. First I'd like, to answer a couple questions I was asked about last week's post. So far, this diet has been producing pretty steady results for me so I don't see any reason to stop until I reach my goal weight. After that I will probably go back to eating regularly but I'm strongly considering doing a Slow-Carb month each year. Based on my experience so far, that should be more than enough to remove any extra pounds I put on during the rest of the year. Sophie is not doing this diet with me, though she has expressed interest in doing the exercise portion. Her main reason for not wanting to do the diet is that she doesn't like beans, which are . . . a bit of a staple on this eating plan. For the meals we eat together we have been having dishes that meet a couple of my categories for example--protein and veggies--and then I can have something on the side or ones where I can leave something out and have a complete meal. For example, we had haystacks the other day from which I simply subtracted the chips. To answer Mom's question, I do have specific exercises that I do. I do Glute Bridges for 20 reps, Flying Dog for 15 reps a side and Two-Hand Kettlebell Swings for 50 reps. This workout happens 3 times a week and takes around 5 minutes for 15 minutes of exercise a week or 1 hour total per month. As you have probably noticed, the exercises target the posterior train, which contains many of the largest muscles in the body and which is involved with a lot of daily activity movements.

This week I lost an additional pound for a grand total of 10 pounds so far. I'm not terribly concerned about the low number this week since I was moving past one of my usual sticking points. During my previous episodes of both gaining weight and losing weight I've noticed that my body has some weights that it just really enjoys being. I'll hit one of these weights and stick there for a while before progressing either lower or higher depending on which way I'm trending. So I'm actually very happy to have passed one of those sticking points with a one pound weight loss rather than plateuing there for a month. The next sticking point I know of is 7 pounds away so my numbers should rebound this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you my love. After doing the exercise portion once I know that these 5 minute work out are just as effective as longer ones. (I have a limp today).

    I am interested in adopting some of the ideas from the diet but I really don't want to limit myself that much. Mostly because I have already eliminated one thing that I love (cheese) and I just don't think I can eliminate bread, pasta, potatoes, etc. as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so interesting what you are doing Tyler - keep up the good work. Love hearing your progress reports!

    ReplyDelete