This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Weird Breakfast

So, on Friday I started the slow-carb diet from the book 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. It's actually a bit odd how this came about. I was on my way to pick up an order of contacts when I thought something along the lines of "hey, while I'm over here near Third Place Books I should see if they have the 4 Hour Body book." What's odd is that I really have no idea where that thought came from. I'd heard about the book in passing several months ago, but I honestly can't think of anything that happened that day that would have made me think of it. So Wednesday I got the book, Thursday I read through the weight loss section, Friday I started the diet. Now, on this diet you eat three things: protein, beans and vegetables and you have those with every meal. Because I had clinic all day on Thursday I started with very little preparation. Here's what I had for breakfast on Friday:

Protein: leftover easter eggs. Beans: plain kidney beans I threw in the slow cooker overnight. Vegetables: cucumber and carrots. Not bad overall, but the beans were a little bland.

Lunch was better.
Protein: hard-boiled eggs. Beans: Spicey Indian daal (lentils). Veggies: Cucumber.

Dinner was best.
Protein: scrambled eggs with salsa. Beans: Kidney beans with Daiya vegan cheese and salsa. Veggies: Celery.

I've got a good stash off hard-boiled eggs now, as well as some curtido made for my veggies. I made lentil soup and I'm doing some chili this afternoon. I have three more days to go until my first free day and two days until I weigh in for the week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.



1 comment:

  1. I saw that book in the airport - looks interesting. What do you think so far? Does it make sense? Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete