This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kathy - Process-oriented or Goal-oriented? So Conflicted!

Although I loved the concept of the most recent challenge:  earning points for healthy lifestyle choices, I grew discouraged midway because I didn't want to rack up a bunch of points and still look the same when I went to the spa.  I want to be trim and fit.  That being said, isn't this blog called 'Day by Day' for a reason?  The journey to fitness takes place in a day by day process.  At the same time I want to set a goal and actually reach the goal. I think what I really want is to do a day by day process that results in reaching a goal!  This leaves me wondering how to design a challenge....the first challenge was definitely goal-oriented.  The second challenge was definitely process-oriented.  Actually, do we even want a challenge or do we just want to write about our journey, or interesting information on health and fitness we find, etc.?  The purpose of challenges is to help motivate ourselves, but is something else more motivating?  Guess I need a bit of input on this one...

Meanwhile, this summer, for about 2 cycles (10 days)  I did Joel Marion's Extreme Fat Loss program.  It was quite interesting and resulted in losing about 5 lbs.  I have managed to keep most of it off.  I would not be adverse to doing it again, but I really want to find a healthy diet/exercise lifestyle that naturally results in health and fitness. I came across the Crazy, Sexy Life blog.  Kim, the person who created it has written a book  called The Crazy Sexy Diet.  I read a sample of it and for the most part it looks good.  I am not sure I agree with the gluten-free aspect of it, but am considering buying it.  Meanwhile, check out her blog - lots of good and interesting information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment