This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Kathy - Just for Today, Revisited

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?!  I intended to post right away to let you know how much I am enjoying this 'Daily Goal' thing.  Guess I have gotten busy focusing on reaching the goals I set for myself daily...

It got started with Katie suggesting doing an 'accountability partner' thing.  We each set goals for the day and then report in with how we did - it is rather casual.  We don't report in with great regularity and goals are not stated formally every day but there are several things about it I like:

1)  I like actually completing my goals in a day.
2)  If I fail to reach my goals on a particular day, I have only failed for a day.  Tomorrow I start again.
3)  I can tailor my goals to the day.  Of course it is impossible to foresee how a day may go, but if I know I have a meeting scheduled in the evening I can adjust my goals accordingly. 

I have found it helpful for myself to make a list of my goals for the day and check them off as they are completed.  This gives me a great feeling of satisfaction and keeps me focused on accomplishing them.  


After doing this fairly successfully for the last five days.  I have found that it is easy to let several days slide because the 'it is just one day' mentality can add up alarmingly.  Thus, I have an ultimate goal.  My ultimate goal doesn't have a set end point such as losing 10 lbs by Christmas.  It is simply an ultimate goal.  This gives me something to work towards, but I am taking it in totally do-able segments of time.


If was an organized person I would post my daily results and goals on the blog, but that is a goal I am not prepared to set at this time.  I will keep you updated from time to time on how the daily goal thing is going, meanwhile, if anyone wants to have and be an accountability partner let me know and we can do this together. 

Sleep update:  I think the beasts are starting to adjust to the group-sleep arrangement.  They are sleeping much better - and actually made it to 5:00 a.m. the past few night - sleep, glorious sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment