This blog is for and about the Webster family. Each of us want to make choices every day that will result in optimal health and fitness. We represent different generations and different places in life - from empty-nesters to young families to students. Our health goals are as varied as we are, but we want to have a common place to post our progress and our challenges. We will be accountable to each other - to provide support, design incentives, share information we come across, and in general cheer each other on and celebrate our steps toward fitness! If anyone happens upon this blog and is inspired to be more fit and healthy that is icing on the cake. So here we go!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kathy - The Year in Review

This fall we had such stunningly beautiful tromps that I decided to add photos to the blog - and promptly stopped posting.  Don't know what that means exactly - perhaps I was put off by the technical difficulty that posed for my limited skills. 

At any rate it was just a little over a year ago that we started tromping regularly.  With the adoption of the Beast tromping became part of the fabric of our lives and now a year later we are still at it.  The two pups we adopted this summer have grown into beasts in their own rights.  Chubs is now larger than the Beast and has become the King - he rules the roost of the dogs.  Charger has become a swift and skilled hunter and is always coming up with some proof of her skill - she shall be known as the Huntress. 

Without a doubt all this tromping has impacted my level of fitness and health.  I am about 10 lbs lighter than I was a year ago and have about 6 more to lose  to reach my goal.  I have added a 2-mile run/walk during my 30 minute lunch break and have been enjoying that for a couple of weeks now.  Don't know if that will lead to more serious running, depends on how these older bones and joints hold up. I am definitely stronger and have more stamina that I did this time last year.  As far as KBs go...I have every intention of adding those back in to my fitness plan, but just haven't yet.  We are also always striving to easy less refined foods and it is always an adventure to find healthy food that tastes yummy as well. 

So....hopefully you all have made some progress this past year.  I would love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment